Competition within the sector is particularly intense as retailers compete across a wide range of products and services in what has become a global, 24/7 business. In an increasingly commoditised sector, finding unique sustainable points of difference, be it in range, channel, supply chain, merchandising, promotion or service, is vital to continued growth and success.
Customers now enjoy more choice as new channels to market develop, in particular the growth of online shopping. This is accompanied by rapidly changing customer expectations and buying patterns. Product introduction and promotion strategies are changing in the face of the increasing influence of social media, web and mobile based services. Alongside this, demanding trading conditions are exacerbated by raw material price increases and shifting sources of supply which are at times uncertain.
The pace of change is ferocious and the margin for error is small. Consequently managing change is a task that should be performed by experts.
Project One has extensive experience of managing some of the largest retail change programmes. Examples of our work includes:
- facilitating executive thinking to establish clear direction and a roadmap for delivery
- managing the implementation of ERP solutions to create a business 'fit for the future'
- integration of businesses following merger or acquisition
- implementing new propositions such as reward cards
- mobilising and managing cost reduction programmes
- resolving critical business issues such as third party service provider performance
- closure of a business to maximise the assets whilst maintaining corporate values
- developing our clients' own capability to plan and manage change better
Our retail clients look to us as a source of advice and insight on their most business critical change programmes, and our ability to deliver change has proven to be a vital ingredient in establishing and maintaining competitive advantage.
“Project One have added value not only to the project they were asked to deliver, but across the Programme. Their style has been to work alongside the business teams in a sensitive manner, providing leadership and direction, and as a result we have developed a relationship where they are a trusted business partner.”
Programme Director, Leading Retailer
Need help now?
Call us on 01477 544462 or contact us by email.